Employees are paid every other Friday – 26 pay periods per year. Insurance premiums are deducted only 24 times a year.
- New Year’s Day – Friday, January 1, 2021
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 18, 2021
- Good Friday Holiday – Friday, April 2, 2021
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31, 2021
- Independence Day – Monday, July 5, 2021
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6, 2021
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 11, 2021
- Veterans Day – Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 26, 2021
- Christmas Eve – Thursday, December 23, 2021
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 24, 2021
The County recognizes many different classes of leave that are available to employees including Personal, Military, Court Leave, Leave of Absence, Family and Medical Leave, and Bereavement Leave. The details of each class may be found in the Merit Personnel Policies and Procedures.
The pension program for eligible employees is managed by ACCG. The Defined Benefit plan is fully funded by the County. There is also an optional 457b Deferred Compensation Program funded by the employee only. The details of both plans may be found in the ACCG Retirement Planning Booklet. Participants may register online to access their individual information at accgretirement.org
Business Travel Accident Insurance Program
Butts County provides Travel Accident insurance to all active law enforcement officers, all active firefighters to include EMT and EMS personnel, and select administrative staff at no cost to employees. A summary of benefits may be found by clicking here.