Charlotte Edwards, Business Office Manager

119 E. Hancock Street
Milledgeville, GA 31061
(478) 414-4006
(478) 414-4011 fax

Please click the link below for online payments.

Online Payment Portal

The Business Office is responsible for operating the city’s Water Utility Services, issuing and renewing Occupation Tax Licenses and Alcoholic Beverage Licenses for entities within the city limits. This office also handles the collection of occupational taxes for such entities, as well as the collection of water utility payments and property taxes for commercial and residential properties in the City of Milledgeville.

Water Utility Services

The City of Milledgeville provides water utility services for residential and commercial customers. To start new water service, transfer water service or to pay your water bill, please click here.

Occupation Tax License

An Occupation Tax License, also known as a business license, is a document that indicates that an entity has met all requirements to operate a business within the city limits. Our City Code provides for an occupation tax to be paid by each business that operates within the city limits of Milledgeville. Click here to  complete an Occupation Tax License Application.

Alcoholic Beverage License

An Alcoholic Beverage License is a document that indicates that an entity has met all requirements to serve or sell alcoholic beverages within the city limits of Milledgeville. Applicants must submit an Alcoholic Beverage Application with accompanying documentation to the Business Office for processing and approval. Additionally, applicants must submit a State of Georgia background check and obtain or provide evidence of a State of Georgia alcohol license before an alcoholic beverage license can be approved and issued. Click here to complete an Alcoholic Beverage License Application.

Off-Premises Alcoholic Beverage Permit

An Off-Premises Alcoholic Beverage Permit can only be issued to current, valid holders of a City of Milledgeville issued Alcoholic Beverage License for Consumption on Premises or Retail Packaged-to-Go. This permit can only be issued for those product lines for which the license holder is approved. Off-Premises Alcoholic Beverage Permits are only valid for a specific event and are not transferable. Click here to apply for an Off-Premises Alcoholic Beverage Permit.

Property Taxes

The Business Office handles the collection of property taxes for residential and commercial properties located within the city limits of Milledgeville. Property tax notices are typically mailed in October of each calendar year and are typically due by December of each calendar year. Click here to search for or pay your property taxes online.

OFFICIAL PUBLIC NOTICE - Effective May 18, 2020: The Business Office is now open to the public.